There are 2 bedrooms, one double, one twin, both with ensuite shower room and a large living/dining room with fully fitted kitchen. The big covered deck outside with hammocks and gas BBQ also has a dining table and is only metres from the sea. The house is self-catering and offers full size fridge/freezer and stove, plus microwave, kettle and toaster. There is free Wifi internet and a TV/DVD player and all rooms have ceiling fan and full mosquito screening.
The white sand beach in front of the house is ideal for swimming, while the reef on the other side of the island offers fantastic snorkeling among coral gardens and colourful tropical fish. There is a path around the island and guests are welcome to explore the unspoilt island and enjoy Malvanua’s other sandy beaches too. We regularly see turtles swimming around the island and have also had nests of both Green and Hawksbill turtles hatch here.
The kayaks provided allow you to explore the bay, go out to nearby Turtle Island or kayak up the river to the nearby Matevulu Blue Hole. Transport to/from the mainland is provided and tours to other Santo attractions like Champagne beach or Millenium Cave are easily arranged. There are two resorts on the bay which are open to non-residents for lunch and dinner if you want to eat out.
The house is ideal for a family of four wanting to get away from it all or for a couple wanting peace, privacy and seclusion. Weddings can be arranged on the island – and it’s the perfect place for a honeymoon!
The cost is 20,000vt per night for 2 people using one bedroom, or 26,000vt for up to 4 people using both bedrooms. A 5th person can be accommodated by arrangement. Price includes transport to/from town or the airport and a shopping trip for provisions. Minimum stay 3 nights.
Highlights of Malvanua Island Beach House
- Your own private tropical island. The only other house on Malvanua Island is where the owners live,
- Free unlimited use of kayaks to explore the bay and surrounding islands and blue hole.
- Self-catering with fully equipped kitchen inside plus gas BBQ outside on big covered dining deck.
- Calm deep water swimming right in front of the house, beautiful coral reef for snorkeling
- All transport to/from the island provided, including free airport transfers and shopping trip(s)